Unique Work Experience on the Jersey Shore – Summer 2023 LOOKING FOR TEACHER/EDUCATOR or RELATED EXPERIENCE.
Location: Lavallette, New Jersey
Business: The Music Man Singing Ice Cream Shoppe
Class: Part-Time or Full-Time, Seasonal
The Music Man is a unique family-style ice cream Shoppe where the server/performers (guys and gals) sing, dance, and improv with the audience. The Music Man operates a high-volume, restaurant and entertainment venue on the Jersey Shore between May and September and for special events in October and December.
Kitchen Runner will guide most aspects of the foodservice – working in a fast-paced environment, ensuring the correct quantity, quality, and accuracy of each request. The Kitchen Runner communicates company decisions to the staff and ensures application, always striving to serve as an example. Responsibilities include tracking inventory (edible & non-edible), prepping and restocking stations (takeout, topper, dining, scooping, coffee), assisting in implementing orders in a clean, comfortable surrounding.
This is a hands-on & demanding position. You must be able to lift and carry a buss bin/case up to 20 lbs and perform our “Hands-On Tasks”
Basic Qualifications & Availability
- Energetic people with the ability to make people smile.
- Applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule, June 23 through to Sept 4 (Labor Day) 2023 on a weekly schedule for the entire Summer Season.
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, and weekends.
- This position requires an outgoing personality, a sense of urgency, and a willingness to engage with staff and customers.
- Maintain a positive work environment.
- Develop a genuine team spirit through your leadership and attitude, encouraging the staff to surpass themselves and take initiative.
- Uphold standards of cleanliness, service, and quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and leadership skills
- Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent customer service in an efficient manner.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in the kitchen according to established sanitation standards.
- Provide ongoing feedback to all staff concerning all aspects of the kitchen operation.
- Ensure the kitchen and dining room is ready to open and operate 15 minutes prior to opening for indoor seating and shows.
- Prep serving stations by maintaining adequate levels of inventory (filled cut fruit, syrup bottles, warmed fudges, toppings, baked goods, cones, cups, lids, placemats, etc) available at the tip of your fingers to minimize delays that cause longer customer wait times.
- Implement an opening/closing checklist and communicate to kitchen and dining room staff.
- Cleaning throughout the night: (During showtime and after last sundae delivered) restock, remove garbage to outside receptacles and replace bags, wipe counters (kitchen, topper, waiter), equipment and takeout tables, return clean dishes to correct location
- Follow company standards for safety practices to minimize risk to self and others.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approx 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch and reach for extended periods of time.
- Must attend related in-service training and staff meetings.
- Must bring your best self to The Music Man every day!
Once hired you will be asked to complete the below documents Form W-4 • Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification