NON-PERFORMER/SERVER (Resident & Non-Resident)
Unique Work Experience on the Jersey Shore – Summer 2023
Location: Lavallette, New Jersey
Business: The Music Man Singing Ice Cream Shoppe
Class: Part-Time or Full-Time, Seasonal
The Music Man is a unique family-style ice cream Shoppe where the server/performers (guys and gals) sing, dance, and improv with the audience. The Music Man operates a high-volume, restaurant and entertainment venue on the Jersey Shore between May and September and for special events in October and December. Non-Performers are responsible for working in a fast-paced environment serving our indoor dining location and takeout window by taking orders, cash handling, food preparation, stocking, and keeping the work location clean.
This position pays NJ Minimum Wage per hour. Housing possibilities for Non-Minors.
Basic Qualifications & Availability
- Energetic people with the ability to make people smile.
- Ages 16+ (High School/College/Professional).
- Working Papers for Minors.
- Applicants must be available to work a flexible schedule, June 23 through to Sept 4 (Labor Day) 2023, on a varying weekly schedule for the entire Summer Season.
- Must be flexible and available to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, and weekends.
- This position requires an outgoing personality, a sense of urgency, and a willingness to engage with customers (in-person & over the phone) and take directions from co-workers.
This is a hands-on & physically demanding position. You must be able to lift and carry a bus bin/case up to 20 lbs and perform our “Hands-On Tasks”
The Experience YOU PROVIDE
- Attentively greet all guests.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of all menu items, ingredients, and procedures for those guests with food allergies.
- Consistently address customer concerns and special requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Follow food and workplace safety practices to minimize risk to self and others.
- Contribute to a positive, cooperative work environment by assisting co-workers and helping the restaurant team with an “all in this together” approach.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approx 5-8 hours.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch and reach for extended periods of time.
- Must attend related in-service training and staff meetings.
- Your best self to The Music Man every day!
The Employee WE WANT
- Quality driven and pride in work
- Personable, friendly, and approachable
- Positive and professional
- Always with Integrity
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Ability to take direction and execute direction accurately and quickly
- Strength and mobility for all hands-on tasks
The Experience YOU GET
- A fun summer job opportunity.
- The challenge of high-volume production at popular dining and entertainment venue.
- A supportive teaching and learning environment.
- To be part of a team, work-family, and shore community.
- To work and laugh with a great group of co-workers!
- To work by the beach! On the beach block!
- Free Parking
- A workplace you will enjoy while making new friendships and memories that will last a lifetime.
- Important life skills all in the name of ice cream!
EXPECTATION OF HANDS-ON TASKS
- Prep dining room – move tables and chairs, wipe clean all furniture, vacuum, sweep, mop
- Prep for set tables – stack placemats/napkins, sort & roll utensils, fill water pitchers and popcorn baskets
- Setting Tables
- Prep for kitchen tasks – restock, maintain adequate levels of inventory – filled cut fruit, syrup bottles, warmed fudges, toppings, baked goods, cones, cups, lids, placemats
- Take orders – listen, capture accurate details of customer orders with restaurant computer systems and back up handwritten orders, process guest payment.
- Prepare Food – scooping ice cream, topping sundaes, baking, barista
- Serve Food to tables/takeout in the correct dish with the correct accompaniments.
- Bus & Clean Tables – clear tables by filling bus pans with dirty dishes, remove dirty papers and wipe clean all tabletops.
- Load/unload Dishwasher of dishware, glassware, baskets, utensils, kitchen tools, and parts. Return washed items to their proper location. Hand-wash large items.
- General Cleaning – wipe clean counters and empty trash bins in between turnovers, and a thorough end-of-night cleaning includes wiping clean all kitchen counters, tables, and appliances, removing floor mats, spraying floor mats clean, sweeping, mopping all floors, and returning floor mats. Vacuuming carpets and setting up for the next business day. Roll trash bins to the curb for scheduled pickup days.
Please submit an online application for the upcoming season. APPLY NOW! Non-Performer/Server (CREW). We look forward to receiving your application!
Once hired you will be asked to complete the below documents Form W-4 • Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification